CBC looks at Chris Kunitz and his experience at Ferris State
Former Hobey Baker Award finalist Torey Krug joined radio host Jack Ebling and talked about his transition from college to pro hockey and what he sees as the benefits of the college game.
The Edmonton Oilers look at how Michigan State shaped three of their players.
I’d go back [to Dartmouth] a hundred times out of a hundred. I hope to never use [my degree]. But I’m proud of it.
- Pittsburgh Penguin Tanner Glass, in a Post-Gazette story on the growing influence of college hockey in the NHL
You’ve got to love a sport where, in addition to the BCs, BUs, Minnesotas, Wisconsins, Michigans, and Michigan States, schools such as RPI, Lake Superior State, Colorado College, Bowling Green (coached by Jerry York), and Minnesota-Duluth have won. You’ve got to love a sport where North Dakota is a legend (seven titles). You’ve got to love a sport where Harvard skates off as a national champeen (1989).
- The Boston Globe’s Bob Ryan writes, as only he can, about the glory of college hockey
It was the best four years of my life. It was such a great group of guys that I got to spend it with. I was fortunate enough to be on some great teams. The class we had was pretty special. The memories and the friends I made, I’ll have for a lifetime.
- North Dakota’s Andrew MacWilliam reflected on his time in Grand Forks as he prepared to join the Toronto Maple Leafs system
Nothing’s more exciting than college hockey. Skill, toughness, passion - it’s all here.
- ESPN’s John Buccigross
He’s an A-plus kid. We don’t do a team yearbook, but if we did, he’d be in there as most likely to succeed. He’s going to be runni a company someday, an IBM or something.
- Quinnipiac head coach Rand Pecknold on Saturday’s game-winning goal scorer Kevin Bui
Truthfully, it was the best three years of my life so far. I built lasting relationships with some great people, I learned how to grow as an individual and was given a path to a career in the NHL. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
- Tommy Wingels of the San Jose Sharks talked to the Edmonton Oilers web site prior to facing off against former teammate Ryan Jones. Both Wingels and Jones scored in the game.
[T.J. Oshie] didn’t even play one game in the American League, and he even said, ‘I wish I would have stayed for my senior year. I never got to put a banner in the Ralph.’ Talking to other guys, they said it’s not the same in the pros.
- North Dakota’s Danny Kristo, explaining his decision to return to school for his senior season